Sat, 30 Sept|
PB Paddock Paradise Livery
Species Appropriate Living - The Benefits of a Paddock Paradise Clinic
An in-person 1 day clinic for owners interested in learning about species appropriate living and the benefits of a Paddock Paradise track system.
30 Sept, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
PB Paddock Paradise Livery, Park Farm, Newport Road, Newport TF10 9BZ
About the event
Have you heard of a Paddock Paradise (track system) but don't quite understand how they work? Are you a horse owner looking for ways to manage your horse in a more species appropriate manner? Are you sick of stabling, restricted feed and strip grazing?
We are hosting an in-person 1 day clinic for owners interested in learning about species appropriate living and the benefits of a Paddock Paradise track system.
Starting at 10am, we'll begin the day with a presentation and talk covering the following topics -
- What is a track system and how did it begin?
- The 4 pillars of the Paddock Paradise.
- Understanding what a species appropriate diet is and how we can apply this to our management.
- Feeding advice on adlib hay and hard feed.
- The importance of movement and how to encourage this in our domesticated horses.
- Health and behaviour issues caused through inappropriate management and why they happen.
- Finding the right Hoof Care Practitioner for you and your horse.
- Herd living and enrichment.
Following your lunch break, we'll be giving a tour of our ridden horse's woodland track system, discussing various building stages, top-tips and personal recommendations for building a track system from scratch. Weather dependant, we hope to also provide you with a tour of our larger tracks at our rehab/retirement yard.
Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have throughout the day.
There are only limited spaces available to ensure participants get the most out of the experience. Please note we cannot reserve any spaces - to solidify your spot, payment must be made in full.
Lunch & Refreshments:
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout the day but please bring your own lunch.
Further information on the day will be provided closer to the workshop date via email to all participants.
Standard Ticket£35.00+£0.88 service fee